Open to: All teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: The NYC DOE will be honoring six social workers at the second annual School Social Work Conference on Thursday March 2. You can nominate a school social worker for a 2017 School Social Worker of the Year Award for their contributions to one or more of the following categories:
- Social Justice: Advocated for an under-served group;
- Advances the Profession of School Social Work: Promoted the profession through city, state or national advocacy;
- Program Development: Created and led an innovative program for their school;
- Social-Emotional Learning: Shared the importance of social emotional learning with parents, school administrators, teachers and/or students outside of the classroom;
- Single Shepherd: Advocated for students or families via the Single Shepherd initiative; and/or
- Bridging the Gap: Contributed to positive outcomes for students in temporary housing.
Nomination deadline: Friday, February 17.
Take action: For additional details about the nomination process, please download the awards application.
For more information: Contact Jaye Murray at the Office of Counseling Support Programs.