Open to: All teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: Immerse yourself in the practice of teaching with primary sources from the unparalleled collections of Library of Congress this summer. Apply to attend a week-long professional development program for K-12 educators in the nation’s capital.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017.
Event Dates: In 2017, the Library will offer five Institute weeks:
- Open Sessions: June 19-June 23, June 26-June 30, and July 10-July 14
- Science, Technology, and Engineering Focus: July 17-July 21
- World War I Focus: July 31-August 4
Location: Washington, DC
Take action: Please review the following information and resources before applying:
- Read the complete 2017 Summer Teacher Institute Syllabus (PDF, 141 KB)
- Review the complete Before You Apply: Application and Participation Guidelines with FAQs
- See testimonials from previous participants
For more information: visit the website.