Open to: All teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: Apply to participate in a 5-day immersive professional development designed to support K-12 educators teach about the life, leadership, and legacy of George Washington and the 18th-century world in which he lived at George Washington’s Mount Vernon. (National and State-based scholarships are offered.)
Each program includes these signature elements:
- In-depth content and primary source analysis.
- Immersive 18th-century experiences with historical interpreters and subject matter experts.
- Lively debate and engaged collaboration with visiting scholars, fellow participants, and Mount Vernon staff.
- Classroom applicability including technology integration.
- Connections between historical events and contemporary student experiences.
Key dates: There are six sessions offered in the summer of 2018, and dates vary over the course of the summer from June — August.
Location: 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, Virginia 22121
Application deadline: Monday, January 29.
Take action: Review the summer residency opportunities and application details, then apply to participate by clicking on the red button on the top of the page.
For more information: Visit George Washington’s Estate homepage.