Open to: Middle or high school teachers with 3+ years of classroom teaching experience as of July 2018. (See website for additional requirements.)
Opportunity at a Glance: World War II was a defining event of the 20th century, and understanding its history is essential to understanding the world we live in today. The Summer Teacher Institute is an immersive 16-month professional development experience. The program includes an intensive week-long seminar at The National WWII Museum in New Orleans and a week-long excursion to a WWII-related destination. The 2018 Summer Teacher Institute focuses on the US Home Front.
Program Key dates:
- February 1, 2018 — Application closes
- February 16, 2018 — Cohort participants selected and notified
- February 23, 2018 — Deadline for accepting and submitting required forms
- April 2, 2018 — Pre-seminar readings and online discussions begin
- July 22-28, 2018 — Phase I – New Orleans, Louisiana
- July 21-27, 2019 — Phase III – Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Location: Your classroom, New Orleans, and Hawaii.
Application deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018.
For more information: View additional professional development opportunities, both online and on site.