Open to: All teachers, administrators, and the education community.
Opportunity at a Glance: The New York State Department of Education (NYSED) convened the Clinical Practice Work Group in June 2017 to examine current regulations related to how teacher candidates (e.g., student teachers, alternative-certification candidates) are trained and prepared in school-based settings. This Clinical Practice Work Group has developed draft recommendations for changing the regulations and is seeking feedback from the education community. You are invited to share your feedback through a survey and/or by attending an in-person meeting.
In person meetings:
- February 26, from 4:30–6:00 p.m. at Brooklyn Law School, Subotnick Conference Center, 10 Floor (250 Joralemon Street in Brooklyn).
- February 27, from 4:30–6:00 p.m. at CUNY Lehman College, Music Building, Faculty Dining Hall, through Gate #5 on Goulden Avenue (250 Bedford Park Blvd. West in the Bronx).
- March 5, from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at CUNY Graduate Center, Segal Theater, first floor (365 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan).
Survey deadline: Thursday, March 22.
- Review the draft recommendations
- Register to attend an in-person meeting
- Share your feedback by completing this survey
For more information: Visit the Clinical Practice Work Group on the New York State Education Department’s website.