Open to: All teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: This summer join other educators for a series of workshops on zine-making. The goal of the workshops is to foster creative community by providing you with opportunities to reflect on your pedagogy, learn how to make zines, and consider ways to bring zines and zine-making into your classroom. This is a low-stakes opportunity to spend the summer returning to, or beginning, your creative practice. There is a cost of $25.
- Monday, July 9; 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Workshop 1: Overview & History of Zines
- Wednesday, July 11, 4:00 -6:00 p.m., Workshop 2: Design & Curation of Zines
- Monday, July 16th, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Workshop 3: Group Brainstorm & Work Space
- Wednesday, July 18, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Workshop 4: Zines in the Classroom
- Monday, July 23, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Workshop 5: Finalize and Finish Zines
Location: Booklyn, 140 58th Street, Brooklyn Army Terminal, Brooklyn NY 11220
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 15.
For more information: Email Zine Fest.