Open to: Elementary school teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: Participate in a three-day intensive summer workshop to learn to teach yoga and mindfulness in schools via a training born in NYC public schools – “OM Schooled.” Whether bringing yoga tools into the academic classroom, full yoga sessions into PE or after-school spaces, this training will teach you and your students tools for breath, awareness, and health. Cost: $600. Yoga helps kids:
- self-regulate emotions
- learn tools for health and wellness that are free
- learn to focus (which leads to increased test scores and academic performance)
- get along better with others
- take less sick days/ be more present in class and life
- Friday July 12, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday July 13, 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday July 14, 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Yoga Vida Noho, 666 Broadway, NY NY.
Application and payment deadline: Sunday, July 7.