Open to: All teachers.
Opportunity at a Glance: Acadience Reading, formerly known as DIBELS, is a universal screening and progress monitoring assessment that measures the acquisition of early literacy skills in kindergarten through sixth grade. The Acadience Reading two-day professional learning series will provide participants in depth knowledge around the Big Ideas of Reading with an emphasis on phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, phonics, and fluency. Participants will develop knowledge in analyzing student data to inform instructional decision making for students within a MTSS framework. Participants are required to attend both days of this workshop. This workshop is available for CTLE hours.
Workshop dates: Click on the dates below to register for the 2-day workshop which is most convenient for you:
- Monday September 16; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. AND Thursday, September 19; 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: September 13.
- Wednesday, September 25; 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. AND Friday, October 4; 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: September 23
- Monday, October 28; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. AND Tuesday, October 29; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: October 25.
Location for all dates: Barnes & Noble, 150 East 86th Street, New York, NY, 10028.
For more information: Email Luis A. Nazario, firstname.lastname@example.org.