Open to: All Math Teachers and Administrators Grades K-12
Opportunity at a Glance: A culturally responsive and sustaining mathematics classroom is one in which culture, language and personal identities are leveraged to support students academically, socially and emotionally.
During this 3-session series participants will explore the following:
- How a culturally responsive and sustaining math classroom maintains the cognitive demand for all students;
- How to center students’ experiences and funds of knowledge to make mathematics’ learning more relevant and enduring; and
- How to foster an environment of collaboration and belonging for all students.
All Sessions are from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Wednesday January 19th, 2022
- Wednesday February 2nd, 2022
- Wednesday February 9th, 2022
Registration deadline: 01/17/2022
Take action: https://reg.learningstream.com/reg/event_page.aspx?ek=0035-0011-ef0417a7c0c44a81a3311d119b900750
For more information: email STEM@schools.nyc.gov & include “NYC Math” in the subject line.