Open to: K-8th Grade Bilingual Teachers, English Language Learners (ELLs) Coaches
Opportunity at a Glance: Join the Division of Multilingual Learners (DML) and Dr. Marcela Ossa Parra and learn how to design contextualized language instruction that leverages bilingual students’ cultural and linguistic resources. During this session participants will do the following:
- Reflect on criteria for selecting culturally and linguistically rich texts that enable students to examine how language works in texts to create meaning;
- Identify semantic, morphological, and syntactic features in texts to support Multilingual Learners/ English Language Learners in gaining awareness of how language works in texts to create meaning; and
- Learn instructional approaches for stimulating Multilingual Learners/ English Language Learners to establish connections between languages and dialects.
- Tuesday March 8th from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Thursday March 17th from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Tuesday March 29th from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Location: Register here
Registration deadline: Monday March 7th
Take action: Learn more here
For more information: Yuderquis Santos, email@example.com