Open to: K–12th Grade Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: Join us, along with, JOIDES Resolution’s (JR) Onboard Outreach Officer to find out how you and your students can get involved in cutting-edge ocean science. It is a research vessel that drills into the ocean floor to collect core samples that scientists analyze to learn more about geology, Earth’s history, and climate change. During this session, participants will do the following:
- Learn about the JOIDES Resolution (JR);
- Experience a tour of the ship;
- Learn how to schedule a live ship-to-shore broadcast for your classroom;
- Speak to scientists as they work; and
- Be introduced to the vast library of free classroom resources available on the JOIDES Resolution website.
1.5 hours of CTLE Credit will be awarded to participants who engage in the entire session.
Key dates: Wednesday September 28 from 4:30p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Registration deadline: Tuesday September 27
Take action: Apply here TODAY
For more information: email@example.com