Open to: Grades 5-8 Bilingual Teachers and Providers
Opportunity at a Glance: The Office of Multilingual Language Learners, in collaboration with Dr. Patrick Proctor, invites bilingual educators servicing MLs / ELLs grades 5-8, to a five-day synchronous institute. These 2-hour sessions will be centered around four broad principles of multilingual literacy instruction during the sessions participants will do the following:
- Understand the four multilingual literacy principles and how they relate to each other;
- Apply the four principles in a structured inquiry format; and
- Articulate how content-area instruction can be informed by the principles as a matter of linguistic justice in bilingual education contexts.
- Friday October 21 from 12:00p.m. -2:30p.m.
- Friday October 28 from 12:30p.m. – 2:30p.m.
- Friday November 4 from 12:30p.m. – 2:00p.m.
- Friday December 2 from 12:30p.m. – 2:30p.m.
- Friday December 16 from 12:30p.m – 2:30p.m.
Registration deadline: Thursday October 20
Take action: Please register here
For more information: Yuderquis Santos, email@example.com