Open to: all teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: This virtual professional development opportunity is exclusively for NYC educators and administrators who wish to learn about the Science of Reading.
• What are the big lessons we have learned from the last 40+ years of scientific research on reading?
• What does it take to transform reading instruction in a school system?
• How do we best foster reading comprehension?
• What is phonemic proficiency, why is it important, and how do we assess it?
• What is phonic knowledge, why is it important, and how do we assess it?
• How can we use this data to plan instruction and teach for phoneme proficiency and fluent decoding?
• What about writing?
Key dates: August 18-20, 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
Registration deadline: 08/03/2020
For more information: Lynn Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org
CTLE: Yes (If yes, past this phrasing into the description: This opportunity is eligible for CTLE credits.)
Use Existing Image: Yes
Image Attachment: (To get the link to the image, copy the link below into your browser. Then take the link fragment right before these directions and paste it to the end of that link. Do not includes a space. https://surveygizmoresponseuploads.s3.amazonaws.com/fileuploads/572974/4735587/)
Would you like a link in the P-Weekly Newsletter:
Does this opportunity offer per session: No
Published in P-Weekly:
Contact in Submitting Office:
Name: Lynn Carpenter
Preferred Email: email@example.com
Preferred Phone Number: