Open to: All High School Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: Using place-based history, the NYC LGBT Historic Sites Project has produced a series of free 10-minute, asynchronous video field trips (see list below).
Students can connect with LGBTQ+ historic sites in New York City on topics related to classroom studies including humanities and social studies.
- Transgender & Gender-Variant History
- Pre-20th Century History
- The AIDS Crisis
- 1970s Lesbian Activism & Community Theater
- Harlem Renaissance
- LGBTQ History in Brooklyn
- LGBTQ History in the Bronx
- LGBTQ History in Queens
- LGBTQ History on Staten Island
- Stonewall & Greenwich Village LGBTQ History Tour
- LGBTQ Discrimination & Activism History Tour
- Black LGBTQ History & Culture Tour
Key dates: Ongoing throughout the year.
Registration deadline: Saturday December 31
Take action: Learn more here
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org