Open to: All Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: Join us in a hands-on workshop to discover how children and Progressive Era reformers had a hand in creating the modern playground. Participants do the following: will
- Learn about the questionable games of “yesteryear”;
- Learn about the moral and racialized panics in the early 1900s, and the struggle to access public spaces;
- Take a close look at primary documents from NY Public Library’s collections to piece together a history of New York City through the eyes of children at play;
- Explore ways to incorporate this history in their existing lessons; and
- Discuss contemporary connections related to play and recreation.
Eligible NYS teachers will receive 2 hours of CTLE credit.
Key dates: Wednesday May 10 ·from 5:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. EST.
Location: New York Public Library – Stephen A. Schwarzman Building 476 5th Avenue New York, NY 10018
Registration deadline: 05/09/2023
Take action: Register
For more information: email@example.com