Open to: NYC Public School Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: The NYC PS Office of Energy and Sustainability and Solar One is partnering for a Climate and Energy Education Intensive. NYC PS teachers are invited to this professional learning opportunity which provides training, curriculum, and supplies needed to integrate hands-on, culturally responsive, and climate-action centered activities into their coursework.
Participating teachers will receive 5 CTLE credit hours and materials toolkit for attending, which consists of a classroom set of solar circuit supplies.
All costs are covered by NYC PS through funding from the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS).
- Wednesday November 1 from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
- Tuesday November 7 from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
- Wednesday November 15 from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
- Tuesday November 28 from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
Location: Solar One HQ and Workforce Development Center 9-03 44th Road, Suite 201, Queens, NY, 11101
Registration deadline: 10/30/2023
- Register Wednesday November 1 – Climate + Energy Education Intensive PL
- Register Tuesday November 7 – Energy Efficiency: Unlocking Climate Action
- Register Wednesday November 15 – Climate + Energy Education Intensive PL
- Register Tuesday November 28 – Climate + Energy Education Intensive PL
For more information: For more information, please visit the Eventbrite page of the session you choose. Please select one of the session dates listed as they are all the same professional learning opportunities. All attendees are also invited to the Energy Efficiency PL on November, however please note that it may have some duplicated content.