Open to: Math and ENL Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: Join us for a three day professional learning series designed for secondary math and ENL teachers to examine the language demands of mathematical text by unpacking the Core Academic Language Skills (CALS).
Participants will do the following as part of the three day professional learning series:
- Understand the constellation of skills that correspond to linguistic features common in academic texts that are rare in everyday conversations (e.g., indicators that connect ideas such as therefore, conversely, such that, etc.) that provide equitable and accessible math instruction for Multilingual Learners (MLs) and English Language Learners(ELLs); and
- Will have an opportunity to reflect on their learning and enhance lessons or units in preparation for the new school year.
- Monday August 16th from 9:30a.m. -11:30a.m.
- Tuesday August 17th from 9:30a.m. – 11:30a.m.
- Thursday August 19th from 9:30a.m. -11:30a.m.
Location: Microsoft Teams
Registration deadline: 08/06/2021
Take action: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6415600/DML-Professional-Learning-Registration-Form-Template
For more information: Lenny Marin, LMarin@schools.nyc.gov