Open to: Elementary Teachers – 5th – 3rd Grade
Opportunity at a Glance: This professional learning series (3 live sessions; 90 minutes each) are designed to do the following:
- Support elementary educators;
- Consider the language demands for writing in mathematics;
- Explore a variety of instructional strategies that support MLs/ELLs’ writing as they learn mathematics;
- Examine different forms of disciplinary writing; and
- Engage participants in reflecting on this learning experience and plan for implementing it in their classrooms.
- Thursday, October 21st, 2021 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.;
- Thursday, October 28th, 2021 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.; and
- Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Location: Zoom Platform
Registration deadline: 10/19/2021
Take action: Register here
For more information: For more information, contact Dionisio Rodriguez at DRodrig10@schools.nyc.gov.