Open to: Grades 5-8 Bilingual Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: NYC Department of Education, in collaboration with Dr. Patrick Proctor, invites bilingual educators servicing Multilingual Learners (MLs) and English Language Learners (ELLs) grades 5-8, to a three-day (each session is 90 minutes) synchronous institute beginning May 10. During these sessions participants will focus on four broad principles of multilingual literacy instruction as they relate to middle grade bilingual education contexts.
Session Objectives: Teachers will do the following
- Understand the four multilingual literacy principles and how they relate to each other;
- Apply two of the four principles in a structured inquiry format; and
- Articulate how content-area instruction can be informed by the principles as a matter of linguistic justice in bilingual education contexts
- Tuesday May 10 from 3:00p.m – 4:30p.m.
- Thursday May 19 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Thursday May 26 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Location: Zoom link provided with registration
Take action: Register here
For more information: Yuderquis Santos, firstname.lastname@example.org