Open to: All Teachers, Math Coaches and Administrators
Opportunity at a Glance: Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women (UAI) is an all-girls grades 6-12 secondary school, in downtown Brooklyn. The Lighthouse visit will focus on the following:
- Intentional planning for productive struggle in learning new math concepts. This will include structures to support students as they address challenges on their path to concept mastery;
- Highlight instructional support for math teachers;
- Prioritize thinking and engagement in math classrooms;
- Review strategies and materials that support small changes in instruction for large impact on thinking; and
- The impact of process-focused math instruction on student outcomes.
Key dates: Thursday May 4, 2023 from 8:30a.m. – 2:00p.m.
Location: Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women (13K527)283 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201
Registration deadline: 04/28/2023
Take action: Register
For more information: Milo Novelo at email@example.com