Open to: All Teachers and School Librarians,
Opportunity at a Glance: Please join the School Library Systems Association of NY (SLSA) for a full-day professional development designed for school librarians on media literacy. Participants will do the following during this session:
- Define media literacy and how it integrates into their curriculum;
- Dive into the role school librarians play in teaching media literacy instruction, and hear from NY school librarians (PK-12) who are actively teaching media literacy skills to their students; and
- Participants will be guided through the Project Look Sharp Media Decoding Tool Kit to explore pre-made NYS lesson plans.
Additional Session Details
- Lunch will be provided by Thorndike Press.
- Eligible for 5.5 hours of CTLE credit
Key dates: Wednesday May 17 from 8:30a.m. – 3:00p.m.
Location: 1 Fordham Plaza, Rooms 819 and 820, The Bronx, NY, 10458
Registration deadline: 05/16/2023
Take action: Register
For more information: Email Donna Gray, email@example.com