Open to: High School Social Studies Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: To support teachers’ use of The Right to Vote resource suite, the Gilder Lehrman Institute is hosting two free online professional development sessions. The two-hour sessions (which will be identical in content) will include a lecture by Prof. Bertrall Ross (University of Virginia) and a pedagogy session with Patience LeBlanc (2017 Texas History Teacher of the Year).
Teachers will receive the following:
- A copy of “Taking a Stand for Voting Rights: Six Stories, Six States, One Goal,” our Teaching Civics through History unit created for The Right to Vote project;
- Historical background essays; and
- A four-part digital exhibition.
- Wednesday October 11 from 8:00p.m.-10:00p.m.
- Saturday October 14 from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration deadline: 10/14/2023
Take action: Register
For more information: Daniel Pecoraro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-366-9666 x127