Open to: Elementary Science Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: During this three-day workshop we will dive deeply into New York State’s new science standard through a curriculum that is aligned to the standards. Participants will do the following:
- Describe the instructional shifts that teachers need to make in their classrooms to support the New York State Science Learning Standards;
- Articulate the three dimensions of science teaching and learning;
- Explain how these dimensions work together to support students in sense-making about science phenomena;
- Deconstruct how a standards page uses the three dimensions; and
- Design a phenomenon-based learning experience for their students using AMNH halls.
Key dates: All three sessions are from 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
- Tuesday February 21
- Wednesday February 22 and
- Thursday February 23
Location: American Museum of Natural History 200 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024
Registration deadline: 02/16/2023
Take action: Register Now
For more information: STEM@schools.nyc.gov