Open to: 3rd-5th Grade Math Teachers
Opportunity at a Glance: During this professional learning series (3 live sessions; 90 minutes each), designed to support elementary educators, participants will do the following:
- Consider the language demands for writing in mathematics;
- Explore a variety of instructional strategies that support multilingual learners (MLs)/English Language Learners (ELLs) writing as they learn mathematics;
- Examine different forms of disciplinary writing and engage participants in reflecting on this learning experience; and
- Plan for implementing it in their classrooms.
School team participation is preferred.
The New York City Department of Education is an approved sponsor of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE).
- Thursday March 3rd, 2022 from 3:00p.m.- 4:30p.m.
- Thursday March 10th, 2022 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Wednesday March 17th, 2022 from 3:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Registration deadline: Tuesday March 1st, 2022
Take action: Register here
For more information: DRodrig10@schools.nyc.gov